October is always a busy month for us at Cabrini. School is getting back into session, we often have visitors and it is the time when we transition from one grant cycle to the next. While this means lots of paperwork and reporting, it also means we have the chance to take a look at the impact we are making in our community.
In the last year Cabrini has:
- Served over 3,087 unique clients
- Provide care to 710 Orphans and Vulnerable Children
- 152 children receive a “total care package” (nutrition, shelter, health, education, legal/protection, psycho-social support)
- Treated 2,377 clients for HIV and TB related issues
- Administered 756 HIV tests and follow-up counseling
- Overall rate of positive tests was around 30% with a distinct upward trend the previous two quarters.
- Supplied life-saving anti-retroviral drugs to 1,258 people
- Followed up on 1,258 missed appointments and seen 92.4% of clients return to care
- Offered clinic care to 32% of Health Care Clients either on their homesteads or in their local community
- Trained 125 people on sustainable agriculture and food security
As with any organization that works with at-risk populations, the numbers are simply a gateway to understanding the larger impact that occurs in actual people’s lives. The 1,258 individuals who are receiving intensive HIV treatment are fathers and mothers, sons and daughters, who would be dead but are now alive. The 152 children receiving comprehensive care are vulnerable individuals who would be alone without intervention. The 441 receiving academic support are the next generation who are being given a chance to succeed in life. The 125 reached with agricultural training represent homesteads that will now be able to produce food for their entire families.
Every number has a person behind it and every person has a story of how Cabrini has assisted them. All of this would not be possible without your support. If you would like to participate in this life-restoring work, please consider partnering with Cabrini Ministries.